Title: Helping Therapists Better Understand Divorce Options
Presenters: Becky Davenport, Ph.D., LMFT & Kim Munsinger, JD
Friday, August 4, 2017
12-1:30PM 1.5 CEUs FREE
Location: ICFE Classroom
500 N Loop 1604 E, Suite 230
San Antonio, TX 78232
(in Afton Oaks I Building)
Bring your lunch and join us for this casual workshop discussing important distinctions between divorce options available to our clients when they elect to divorce. Kim Munsinger will share information specifically about mediation, collaborative divorce and early intervention mediation as potentially healthier options for divorce processes..
Title: Advanced Play Therapy Skills (APT Approved)
Presenter: Becky Davenport, Ph.D., LMFT,
Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor
Saturday, September 9, 2017 9AM-4PM 6 CEUs $50
As therapists gain experience in non-directive play therapy, many questions begin to arise, such as what to do with specific play content, how to differentiate between various play themes, how to engage children with more difficult temperaments and behaviors, and when it is appropriate to include some directive activities in therapy with the child. In this interactive workshop, we will address these questions and others through both instruction and role-play activity. Come join us to take your play therapy practice to the next level!
Prerequisite knowledge/skills- conceptual understanding of basic non-directive play therapy skills of reflective responses, child-centered engagement, limit setting, and structuring of play therapy sessions.
- Participants will recognize common play themes for children in play therapy.
- Participants will conceptualize the difference between normal play content and play content that warrants further assessment, and understand potential responses to troubling behavior.
- Participants will identify elements of child temperament that may require accommodation in non-directive play therapy.
- Participants will reflect on personal plans for ongoing professional development through peer support and training.
Texas LMFT Provider 857, LPC Provider 2769, Social Workers Provider 7134, APT Approved Provider 17-483
Title: Discernment Counseling for Couples on the Brink of Divorce
Presenter: Becky Davenport, Ph.D., LMFT
Friday, Oct 20, 2017 9AM-12PM 3 CEUs Cost FREE
Discernment Counseling can be a valuable experience for couples when one or both partners are seriously considering divorce or dissolution of a long-term relationship. The purpose of discernment counseling is to help both partners find clarity and confidence regarding the next steps for their relationship. This workshop is ideal for therapists and counselors who encounter couples or individuals who are struggling in their relationships and considering divorce.
1. Participants will understand the distinctions between couples therapy and discernment counseling.
2. Participants will be able to list the goals of discernment counseling.
3. Participants will be prepared to discuss discernment counseling options with individual and couple clients.
4. Participants will recognize means of gaining additional training in order to provide discernment counseling in their own practices.
Texas LMFT Provider 857, LPC Provider 2769, Social Workers Provider 7134
Cancellation Policy for all training events- Full refund available minus 25% processing fee until one week prior to the event. Email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within one week of event, no refund is availble but registered parties may allow someone else to attend in their place.
LMFT, LPC and RPT Supervision
Dr. Becky Davenport provides LMFT and Play Therapy post-graduate supervision. For more information, contact her at email@example.com.
Dr. Nicholas Wilkens provides LMFT and LPC post-graduate supervision. For more information, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Jason Northrup provides LMFT and LPC post-graduate supervision. For more information, contact him at email@example.com.
Internship Opportunities at the ICFE
There are currently no internship openings at the ICFE. Future opportunities will be posted here.