Hold Me Tight®
Conversations for Connection
February 15th-16th, 2020 8:00am-5:00pm
Presented By: Jason Northrup, Ph.D., LMFT-S, Becky Davenport, Ph.D., LMFT-S, and Susanna Kitayama, M.S., LMFT-Associate
Are you looking for acceptance from your partner?
Would you like to have less conflict in your relationship?
Do you want to feel like your partner is more open, responsive and engaged emotionally with you?
Would you like to improve your relationship and learn to communicate in ways that promote closeness, better understanding, and connection?
*If you answered yes to any of the above, please join us for a workshop based on the international best-selling book "Hold Me Tight: Conversations for Connection" by Dr. Sue Johnson.
Hold Me Tight® is a workshop for nurturing emotional closeness with your partner. This workshop introduces core concepts of Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples. The workshop aims to help couples:
- Stop repeating the patterns of arguing that cause pain and distance
- Make sense of the strong emotions and needs that can surprise both of you in the relationship
- Start the process of repairing relationship injuries, even old ones, and understand how to move forward
- Learn to change how you communicate so you can open up to one another about your true wishes and feelings
- Increase feelings of trust, intimacy, playfulness, and fun for both of you
- Learn how to take the wonderful conversations you start at the workshop and keep them going at home
This Workshop is for ALL couples, married, unmarried, straight or gay.
- Date: Saturday and Sunday, Feb 15th and 16th, 2020, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Location: Institute for Couple and Family Enhancement 21015 Market Ridge, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78258
- Cost: Per Couple cost is $800. Early Bird Rate of $750 is available before February 1st, 2020. Space is limited and early registration is recommended.
- Presented by: Jason Northrup, Ph.D., LMFT-S, Becky Davenport, Ph.D, LMFT-S and Susanna Kitayama, M.S., LMFT-Associate
- Two full days of Workshop
- Coffee, Tea, Water and Light Snacks
- Copy of the book Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love written by Dr. Sue Johnson
Jason Northrup, Ph. D., LMFT-S is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Supervisor and a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor in the state of Texas, with over 10 years of clinical experience in a variety of settings. He received his Master of Marriage and Family Therapy degree from Abilene Christian University in 2004 and his Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) from Texas Tech University in 2008. Jason is the President of the San Antonio Emotionally Focused Therapy Community.
Becky Davenport, Ph.D., LMFT-S received a Master's of Arts degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from St. Mary's in 2000, and a doctorate in Human Development and Family Studies with a Specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy from Iowa State University in 2004. She taught marriage and family therapy, child development, and play therapy at the graduate and doctoral level for seven years before entering private practice in 2009. She established the Institute for Couple and Family Enhancement in 2010.
She is a Founding Member of the Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (TAMFT) and Approved Supervisor by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists (www.dhhs.state.tx.us.mft/). As a marriage and family therapist, she has significant training and experience that makes her uniquely qualified to provide therapy for couples and families.
Susanna Kitayama, M.S., LMFT-Associate is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (LMFT-Associate). She received her Bachelor of Science in Psychology from University California Berkeley in 1996, and a Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy from Fuller Theological Seminary in 2002. She then worked as a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern in California, where her time was devoted to working with couples, children and individuals in therapy. After receiving her Master's degree, she also spent a year in Mozambique as a missionary working with orphans and other missionaries.
For those of you coming in from out of town there are a number of nice hotel accommodations in the area.
JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa
Hyatt Place San Antonio North Stone Oak
Drury Inn and Suites