Not currently accepting applications for student interns. Check back for Spring 2025 updates.
Upcoming trainings will be announced here.
*Unless otherwise indicated, all trainings are led by Becky Davenport, Ph.D., LMFT-S, ICFE Owner and Director, Approved Supervisor by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists. Dr. Davenport has over 15 years of clinical and supervision experience with couples and families.
Cancellation Policy for all training events- Full refund available minus 25% processing fee until two weeks prior to the event; 50% refund between 7 and 14 days from event. Within one week of event, no refund is available but registered parties may allow someone else to attend in their place. Email request to
LMFT, LPC and RPT Supervision
Dr. Becky Davenport provides LMFT post-graduate supervision. For more information, contact her at [email protected].
Dr. Renee Turner provides RPT Supervision. For more information, contact her at [email protected].
Dr. Jason Northrup provides LMFT graduate and post-graduate supervision, and is an EFT Supervisor-in-Training. For more information, contact him at [email protected].
Internship Opportunities at the ICFE
The ICFE is a training institute for graduate and doctoral students in mental health fields who are interested in specializing in psychotherapy with couples, families, and children. Students seek out internship experiences at the ICFE due to the reputation and experience levels of the ICFE clinicians.
Up to two unpaid, 9-month or 12-month internship opportunities will be awarded each semester to selected applicants who demonstrate:
- a foundation of systemic theoretical orientation,
- completion of coursework in family therapy, human development, and ethical practice,
- understanding of and appreciation for confidentiality laws and ICFE procedures,
- a specific passion in developing culturally informed clinical skills in couple, family, and/or child therapy,
- ability to dedicate at least 12 hours weekly to be on-site, including two evenings, for direct and indirect clinical work,
- a history of professionalism and ability to build positive rapport with ICFE clinicians and clients.
- a commitment to provide excellent systemic therapy for all clients regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or income level.
Interested students should submit the following information to Dr. Becky Davenport at [email protected] based on the application timeline.
A complete practicum/internship application includes:
- Cover letter describing clinical goals, interests, and theoretical framework,
- Current resume/CV,
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references (no friends or relatives),
- Transcripts for undergraduate degree and graduate work to date (unofficial accepted),
- Program requirements for internship completion.
LMFT-Associates and LPC-Associates with training in couples, child, and/or family therapy who are interested in gaining experience and supervision with seasoned professionals in a private practice setting are invited to submit the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter describing clinical experience and interests, and statement of primary theoretical orientation
- Graduate school transcript (showing completion of clinical degree)
- Resume/CV including 3 professional references